Answered By: Darryl Fitzwater Last Updated: Feb 09, 2016 Views: 60
Setting up email on iOS Devices
1) Setting up Gmail (MUST be done before going on to step 2 due to 2-factor authentication)
2) Creating the account on your iOS device.
I. Setting up Gmail. (This part must be done before going onto step 2)
1) Log into your ATS Gmail Account.
2) In the upper corner click the cogwheel icon, then mouse down to “Settings”
3) Click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
4) Ensure that IMAP Access status is Enabled, and press save.
5) Go back to the Settings menu and click on the Accounts setting.
6) Click “Google Account settings” link.
7) It will take you to another page. Once there click “Security”
8) Under the Password tab click “Enable” (2-Step Verification) and then click “Settings”
9) In the 2-Step Verification Screen, Click “App-specific passwords” and click “Manage application-specific passwords”
10) In the Name field, type the name of what the email account will be associated with.
(e.g. iPhone Seminary Email)
11) Then click “Generate password”
12) Keep that page open and go back to your device.
II. Creating Account on iOS Device
1) On your device go to “Settings” > “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” > “Add Account”
2) Specify Gmail
3) Enter your email address, put the newly generated password in the password field, and a description (eg Seminary Email).
4) It should connect and work. You can have your choice of applications to use (email, calendar, notes ect).
The following video will walk the student through setting up their ATS Gmail account on an iOS device. The video includes the steps to navigate the Gmail settings.
Help! It's still not working!
Questions to ask and ponder: Did you really read and follow the instructions, or automatically skip to step 2? Have you verified 2-factor authentication is working? Have you rebooted your iOS device (iPhone/Pad/Mini)? If these don't work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see what we can do to help!