Answered By: Brian Yeich Last Updated: Jun 27, 2014 Views: 20237
Answered By: Brian Yeich
Last Updated: Jun 27, 2014 Views: 20237
Word for Windows (2010 and 2007)
To convert one or more footnotes or endnotes:
- Open your document and select the
Referencestab. In the
- Select the notes you want to convert, and then right-click. Select
Convert to Footnoteor
Convert to Endnote.
To convert all footnotes or endnotes:
- Open the document and select the
- Click the Footnote & Endnote Dialog Box launcher (it appears as a small square in the bottom-right corner of the tab). Then click
Word for Mac OS X (2011 and 2008)
- With your document open, from the
- In Word 2011, click
Convert.... In Word 2008, click
Options..., and then click
- Select from one of the following options:
- Convert all footnotes to endnotes
- Convert all endnotes to footnotes
- Swap footnotes and endnotes
OKin each of the dialog boxes.
- Thank you for this concise yet complete answer to a problem I've been trying to solve. I went to several different sites, following links brought up from my query, but none of them gave me the information I needed with the precise steps and differences for versions. Those didn't work when I tried them. Yours worked the first time, with ease.