Answered By: Greg Sigountos Last Updated: Aug 23, 2016 Views: 994
Setting up email on iOS Devices
1) Setting up Gmail (MUST be done before going on to step 2 due to 2-factor authentication)
2) Creating the account on your iOS device. (Click here for a PDF for these outlines.)
I. Setting up Gmail. (This part must be done before going onto step 2)
1) Log into your ATS Gmail Account.
2) In the upper right corner click the cogwheel icon, then click “Settings” in the dropdown menu.
3) On the Settings page, click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab at the top.
4) Scroll down to "IMAP Access; ensure that IMAP Access status is Enabled.
5.) Press the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page to save.
6) Repeat steps 2 and 3, but click on the "Accounts" tab at the top.
7) Click the “Google Account settings” link on that page.
8) On the page that opens, click on "Sign-in & security" to open your account access and security settings.
9) Scroll down to the "Signing in to Google" section.
10) If 2-Step Verification is on, skip to step 17. Otherwise click the arrow beside it to turn it on.
11) On the page that appears, click "Get Started."
12) Enter your phone number into the box under "Let's set up your phone."
13) Select an option below to receive a Text message or Phone call, then click "TRY IT."
14) On the next page, enter the code that you receive from Google then click "NEXT"
15) It should take you to a page saying "It worked!" Click "TURN ON."
16) At the top of the next page, beside the heading "2-Step Verification," click the arrow to return to the account access and security settings page.
17) In the "Signing in to Google" section under "2-Step Verification," click the setting called "App passwords."
18) On the next page, using the "Select app" dropdown box, select "Mail."
19) using the "Select device" dropdown box, select the device you would like to use.
20) Click the "Generate" button.
21.) A new page will open with the generated password. Keep that page open and proceed to part 2 below.
II. Creating Account on iOS Device
1) On your device go to “Settings” > “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” > “Add Account”
2) Specify Google
3) Enter your email address, put the newly generated password in the password field, and a description (eg Seminary Email).
4) It should connect and work. You can have your choice of applications to use (email, calendar, notes ect).
Help! It's still not working!
Questions to ask and ponder: Did you really read and follow the instructions, or automatically skip to step 2? Have you verified 2-factor authentication is working? Have you rebooted your iOS device (iPhone/Pad/Mini)? If these don't work, please email us at email@example.com and we'll see what we can do to help!